1 in stock
Pale Ale Simcoe Smash – All Grain Recipe Kit
Drink and enjoy this full bodied, full flavoured, big malty hoppy creation
Expected Brew Figures:
IBU: Approx. 60
4.5kg Golden Promise
500g Melanoiden Malt
150g US Simcoe Hops
1tsp Irish Moss
2 Pkts Liberty Ale Yeast
1. Mash at 65 degrees C for 60 minutes with 16.5 L of water. Mash out at 75C for 10 mins.
2. Sparge 17L at 75C and boil for 90 mins
3. At 60 minutes add 15g of Simcoe to the boil
4. At 10 minutes add 1 teaspoon of Irish moss and 30g of Simcoe
5. At 0 minutes add 30g of Simcoe hops
6. Cool rapidly and transfer to your sanitised fermenter
7. When the wort is between 20-23 degrees C add 2 packets of Mangrove Jack's Liberty Ale Yeast and ferment at 19 degrees C for 7 days.
8. After 7 days add 75g worth of Simcoe hops to the fermenter (in a hop bag weighed down with sanitised marbles if you don't want as much hop mess).
9. Leave dry hops in for 5-7 days.
10. Transfer beer into another fermenter and transfer into a fridge or somewhere cool for 5 days and adding your finings agent.
11. Keg or bottle as usual.
Loyalty points: 29
Pale Ale Simcoe Smash - All Grain Recipe Kit
NZ Owned & operated
anywhere in NZ
All prices are shown in NZD and include GST. unless stated otherwise.
Home Brew West GST No: 101791157