Tuatara ITI Clone All Grain Recipe Kit
Tuatara ITI CLone
ITI (Te Reo Maori for “small”) uses US hops base but its lighter malt base showcases the hop flavour and brings the beer in at a very friendly 3.3% ABV, creating the perfect sessionable American-style pale ale. Refreshing citrus notes, good malt body with appealing bitterness.
Expected Brew Figure:
2.1kg Ale Malt
1kg Lager Malt
250g Crystal Malt
40g Nelson Sauvin
1. Mash in at 70ºC for with 14 L of water
2. Allow to cool down to 67ºC and contiune mashing for 60 min.
3. Mash out (Raise Temp) at 75ºC for 10 mins.
4. Sparge 12L at 75ºC and boil for 60 mins.
5. At 60 mins add 10g Chinook to the boil
6. At 10 mins add 15g Cascade.
7. At 1 mins add 20g Nelson Sauvin, 20g Amarillo, 10g US Cascade 10g US Chinook
8. At 0 mins turn off the heat
9. Start a 10 min whirlpool
10. Cool rapidly and transfer to your sanitised fermenter
11. Top up to 23L with cold/hot water to achieve 18-20ºC
12. When the wort is between 18-20º, add 1 packet of rehydrated yeast to the fermenter and ferment at 19ºC for 5 days
13. After 5 days add 20g Cascade, 20g Amarillo, 20g Nelson Sauvin into the fermenter for the dry hop and leave for another 2 - 3 days
14. Add your finings agent
15. Keg or bottle as usual