Tuatara APA Clone All Grain Recipe Kit
Tuatara APA Clone
Back in the day, our US supply of APA hops went up in smoke, literally. So rather than inciting a riot, we turned to some home-grown cones as a temporary fix. This unwittingly resulted in the evolution of Tuatara's Aotearoa Pale Ale. One to rival its American counterpart. With citrus flavours and full hop finish, the result was kapai!
Expected Brew Figures:
NZ Pale Malt
NZ Lager Malt
NZ Crystal Malt
NZ Pacific Jade
NZ Nelson Sauvin
1. Mash in at 70ºC for with 19L of water
2. Allow to cool down to 67ºC and continue mashing for 60 min.
3. Mash out (Raise Temp) at 75ºC for 10 mins.
4. Sparge 14L at 75ºC and boil for 60 mins.
5. At 60 mins add 15g Pacific Jade to the boil
6. At 15 mins add 30g Motueka
7. At 5 mins add 25g Nelson Sauvin, 25g Motueka, 15g Taiheke 10g
8. At 0 mins turn off the heat
9. Start a 10 min whirlpool
10. Cool rapidly and transfer to your sanitised fermenter
11. Top up to 23L with cold/hot water to achieve 18-20ºC.
12. When the wort is between 18-20ºC, add 1 packet of Yeast to the fermenter and ferment at 19ºC for 5 days
13. After 5 days add 35g Motueka, 35g Taiheke, 10g Nelson Sauvin into the fermenter for the dry hop and leave for another 3 - 4 days
14. Add your finings agent
15. Keg or bottle as usual