Black Rock Xtra Pale Ale Recipe Kit
Xtra Pale XPA (Partial Mash Recipe Kit)
XPA - Beervana 2019
Sessionable XPA hopped with the 3 American faves Centennial, Amarillo & Citra.
Alcohol: 6% ABV
Bitterness: 38 IBU
Colour: 8 SRM
2x Black Rock Unhopped Blonde 1.7kg
400g Gladiator Malt (Milled, Gladfield)
400g Wheat Malt (Milled, Gladfield)
15g Pacific Jade Hops
100g Centennial Hops,
100g Amarillo Hops
100g Citra Hops
2x Safale US-05 Yeast
1. Mash all grains into 12L of brewing water at 64°C for 45 minutes.
2. Remove spent grains then add 3.4 kg of wort concentrate and 400g of dextrose.
3. Bring to boil and add the 15g Pacific Jade Hops.
4. Boil 30 minutes
5. Whirlpool for 10mins: 20g Centennial, 15g Amarillo and 15g Citra
(Whirlpooling: turn the boil off and either stirring fast/recirculate so it "whirlpools" for the duration which helps extend the bitterness/Aroma and Flavour)
6. Chill brew to 20-25°C.
7. Clean & sanitise fermenter and associated equipment
8. Fill fermenter with cooled wort and top up with cold water to 23L and pitch yeast at a 20 +/- 3 °C.
9. Dry hop at day 4 for 7 days in 2 hop socks 80g Centennial, 85g Amarillo, 85g Citra.
10. When SG is stable for 3 days crash cool fermenter to 1-3 °C for 2-3 days.
11. Keg or bottle as usual.