Black Rock Insomnia Stout II Recipe Kit
Rich, Dark Insomnia II Porter
A rich sweet porter, it can be brewed with freshly roasted blend of Columbian coffee, vanilla and bourbon for a rich and aromatic beer with a smooth latte finish. A 2018 Beervana favourite brewed harder.
• 1x Black Rock Creamy Brown 1.7kg
• 1x Black Rock Miners Stout 1.7kg
• 1x Black Rock Bock 1.7kg
• 500g Dextrose
• 500g Lactose
• 1x Safale US05 Yeast
Extra Ingredients (optional)
1 Vanilla bean 1
50g whole coffee beans
500mL of 10% cold brew co?ee
350mL of Wild Turkey bourbon
1. Clean & Sanitise fermenter and associated equipment for brewing.
2. Dissolve 5.1 kg of wort concentrate, 500 g dextrose and 500g lactose into 2.5 Litres of water in the fermenter. Fill with cold brewing water to 21 litres achieving a starting wort temperature of 20 +/- 3 °C.
3. Sprinkle the dried yeast onto wort surface and ferment for approximately 9 days until a gravity of 1.026 is achieved.
4. Add the co?ee beans (in 2 wire cages), cold brew coffee, vanilla (bean split) and Wild Turkey to fermenter and allow to infuse for 2 days.
5. Crash cool fermenter to 1-3 °C for 48-72 hours and keg or bottle as normal.