All Grain Recipe Kit Belgian Wit
Belgin Wit -All Grain Recipe Kit
The grain bill for a witbier is fairly fixed; it should contain continental pilsner malt and ummalted wheat, in addition to this, a proportion of oats are often used to add some body to the beer. One of the biggest mistakes made when brewing witbier is overuse of botanicals, but in this case we've specified exactly the right amount of coriander and orange peel.
Expected Brew Figures: (Based on 75% Mash Efficiency)
IBU: Approx. 15
2.2kg of NZ Pilsner Malt
1.4kg Pale Wheat Malt
1.0kg Rolled/Unmalted Wheat
500g Pale Ale
400g Acidulated Malt
380g Rolled Oats
10g Pacific Jade
Needed Additional: 15g Orange Peel, 15g Crushed Coriander Seeds
2 x M21 Belgian Wit Yeast
1. Mash with 17L water at 55ºC for 20 mins.
2. Raising to 65ºC for 45 mins.
3. Mash out at 75ºC for 10 mins.
4. Sparge with 14L at 75ºC
5. Boil for 70 mins.
6. At 60 mins add 10g Pacific Jade hops.
7. At 15mins add 15g of orange peel and 15g of coriander
8. Whirlpool for 30 mins.(Whirlpool; Turn the boil off and either stirring fast/recirculate so it "whirlpools" for the duration)
9. Cool down and add to your fermenter as usual
10. When temperature is between 18-23ºC add 2x M21 Belgian Wit Yeast
11. Leave for 7-10 days keg or bottle as usual