All Grain Recipe Kit Czech Pilsner
Czech Pilsner - All Grain Recipe
The Czech Pilsner, is light straw to golden colour and crystal clear. The Hops are very prevalent, usually with a spicy bitterness or a spicy floral flavour and aroma, notably one of the defining characteristics of the Saaz hop. Smooth and crisp with a clean malty palate.
Expected Brew Figures: (Based on 75% Mash Efficiency)
OG: 1.047 FG: 1.012
4.4kg Pilsner Malt
200g Acidulated malt
60g of UK Czech Saaz Hops
2x M76 Bavarian Lager Yeast (Cold) or…
2x M54 Californian Lager Yeast (Warm)
1. Mash @ 50ºC with 17L of water in a Grainfather & Rest for 30 mins
2. Raise the temperature to 62ºC & Rest for 20 mins.
3. Raise the temperature to 72ºC & Rest for 20 mins.
4. Raise the temperature again for mash out to 78C holding for 5 mins
5. Sparge with 13L of water as a single continuous sparge
6. Boil for 75 mins
7. At 60 mins add 35g of Czech Saaz hops
8. At 15 mins add 25g of Czech Saaz hops
9. Ferment between 10-15ºC & for 7-10 days with 2 x M76 yeast or…
10. Ferment warm at 18-22ºC & for 5-8 Days with 2 x M54 yeasts
11. Bottle or keg as usual
Optional: If kegging, reduce temperature to 1ºC to lager for 2-3 weeks before drinking