All Grain Recipe Kit NZ Hoppy Pilsner
NZ Hoppy Pilsner - All Grain Recipe Kit
This Pilsner is perhaps one of the better ones in NZ atm. Maybe that's just our biased opinion - or maybe we know somethings that you don't yet.
Expected Brew Figures: (Efficiency: 80%)
OG: 1.050 SG
FG: 1.012 SG
ABV: 5.0 %
Boil Size: 32.13L
End of Boil Vol: 27.86L
Final Bottling Vol: 20.16L
4.50 kg NZ Pilsner Malt
250g Carahell (Weyermann)
100g Acidulated Malt
7g Pacific Jade
10g NZ Cascade
80g Motueka Hops
20g NZ CascadeHops
2x Pkt M/J Bohemian Lager Yeast
2x Pkt M/J Californian Lager Yeast
1x WLP800 Pilsner Lager Yeast
1.Mash at 62 degrees C for 65 minutes with 18.5 L of water.
2. Mash out at 75 degrees C for 10 mins after the 60 minute mash.
3. Sparge at 75 degrees C with 8L of water and then boil for 60 mins
4. At 60 minutes add 7g of Pacific Jade to the boil
5. At 20 minutes to go add 10g Motueka
6. At 10 minutes to go add the 60g of Motueka and 10g of NZ Cascade.
7. Cool rapidly and transfer to your sanitised fermenter.
8. When the wort is between 18-20C degrees C add 2 packets of Mangrove Jack's M84 Bohemian Lager Yeast or the Californian Lager or the Pilsner Yeast or theand ferment at 14 degrees C for 10 days.
9. After 5 days add 80g of Motueka and 20g NZ Cascade hops to the fermenter (in a hop bag weighed down with sanitised marbles if you don't want as much hop mess).
10. Leave dry hops in for 5 days.
11. Transfer beer into another fermenter and move into a fridge or somewhere cold for 5 days for it to naturally clear - adding finings will produce faster results.
12. Keg or bottle as usual.