All Grain Recipe Kit Oatmeal Stout
Oatmeal Stout - All Grain Recipe Kit
Medium to full bodied stout that have an unreal smoothness to them from the addition of oats to the mash. The oats add a lot of smoothness to the mouth feel but give a touch of sweetness. Both levels of roasted flavor and hop character will vary.
Expected Brew Figures: (Based on 65% mash efficiency):
Est ABV :5.0%
4.6 kg Ale Malt
370g Melanoidin Malt
250g Dark Crystal Malt
500g Roasted Barley Malt
500g Rolled Oats
18g Pacific Jade Hops
2x M/J Empire Ale Yeast
1. Mash in with 17L of water at 68 degrees C.
2. Rest for 60mins
3. Raise Mash Temp to 77C for 10mins
4. Sparge with 14L of water @ 77C
5. Boil 90mins
6. Add 18g of Pacific Jade @60mins.
7. Cool immediately and transfer into a sterilizer fermenter ready for fermentation.
8. Mix vigourously to airate and add in the x2 M/J Empire Ale Yeast
9. Ferment at 20-24C for 7-10days of until the S.G. Stabilizes for 2 days.
10. Bottle or Keg as usual.