All Grain Recipe Kit American Pilsner
American Pilsner (Dried, Cold) - All Grain Recipe
An easy sessionable beer for those wanting something in the fridge for those mates who want "Something Drinkable". Light in body and colour, American Pilsners are very clean and crisp, and aggressively carbonated. Flavour components should be subtle and complex, with no one ingredient dominating the others. Malt sweetness is light to mild. Corn, rice, or other grain or sugar adjuncts are often used. Hop bitterness, flavour and aroma are negligible to very light. Light fruity esters are acceptable.
Expected Brew Figures:(Based on 75% Mash Efficiency)
3.1kg Premium Pilsner Malt
600g Pale Ale Malt
180g Acidulated Malt
10g of UK Tettnang Hops
40g of Hallertau Mittelfruh
2x M84 Bohemian Lager Yeast (Cold)
2x M54 Californian Lager Yeast (Warm)
1. Mash @ 50ºC (with a Grainfather 17L of water)
2. Rest for 30 mins.
3. Raise temp to 62ºC.
4. Rest for 20mins.
5. Raise temp to 72ºC.
6. Rest for 20 mins.
7. Raise temp to mash out at 78ºC.
8. Sparge for 90 mins. (or continuous sparge with 12L of water for Grainfather)
9. Boil for 75 mins.
10.Add 10g of Tettnang hops at 60 mins.
11. Add 40g Hallertau Mittelfruh Hops at 15 mins.
12. Ferment between 10-15ºC for 7-10 days with 2x M84 Bohemian Lager Yeast.
13. Ferment Warm at 18-22º for 5-8 Days with 2x M54 Californian Lager Yeast.
14. Bottle or keg as usual.