All Grain Recipe Kit Belgian Golden Ale
Belgian Golden Ale - All Grain Recipe Kit
The result of the golden ale's lengthy brew house and fermentation ritual is a clean-tasting beer, low in phenolic astringency, full-bodied and effervescent. The brew's fine, péttilant, champagne-like effervescence produces a rich and stable head — one of the tallest, sturdiest and creamiest heads of any beer in the world. Belgian Golden Ale is surprisingly easy-drinking and refreshing. The beer's bouquet and finish are slightly spicy, aromatic and reminiscent of an Alsatian eaux-de-vie.
Expected Brew Figures: (Based on 80% mash efficiency)
ABV: Approx 7.8%
Volume: 23 L
5.5kg of Pilsner malt
200g of Abbey malt
200g of Carabelge malt
1.2kg MJ Pure Malt Enhancer Light
40g of Goldings hops
40g of U.S Liberty hops
2 x Belgian Abbey Ale Yeast
1. Mash in with 17L of water @ 32ºC
2. Raise temp slowly and continuously over 3-4 hours to mash out at 77ºC (to bypass this and have a quicker brew - mash in at 55ºC and rest 30 mins - raising to 62ºC 3. for 60 mins and mashing out at 77ºC for 10 mins before sparging)
4. Sparge with 14L of water
5. Boil for 90 mins.
6. Add 40g of Goldings hops at 75 mins.
7. Add 20g of Liberty hops at 30 mins.
8. Add 20g of Liberty hops at 5 mins.
9. Whirlpool 20 mins. (Whirlpooling: turn the boil off and either stirring fast/recirculate so it "whirlpools" for the duration).
10. Once the wort has transferred to the fermenter, add in the 1.2kg Liquid Malt Extract and stir into the wort.
11. Ferment for 7-10 days at 18-22º with the Ale Yeast
12. Bottle or keg as usual