All Grain Recipe Kit North German Pilsner
North German Pilsner - All Grain Recipe Kit
Classic German Pilsners are very light straw to golden in color. Head should be dense and rich. They are also well-hopped, brewed using Noble hops such has Saaz, Hallertauer, Hallertauer Mittelfruh, Tettnanger, Styrian Goldings, Spalt, Perle, and Hersbrucker. These varieties exhibit a spicy herbal or floral aroma and flavor, often times a bit coarse on the palate, and distribute a flash of citrus-like zest--hop bitterness can be high.
Expected Brew Figures: (based on 80% mash efficiency):
4.4kg Premium Pilsner
60g of Hallertau Traditional Hops
35g of Hallertau Mittlefruh Hops
x2 M84 Bohemian Lager Yeast
1. Mash in @ 50 degrees C with 16L of water & Rest for 30mins.
2. Raise temp to 62 degrees C & Rest for 20mins.
3. Raise temp to 72 degrees C & Rest for 20mins.
4. Raise temp to mash out at 78 degrees C for 10mins
5. Sparge with 14L of water @78C
6. Boil for 90 mins.
7. Add 25g of Hallertau Trad. hops at 80 mins.
8. Add 35g of Hallertau Mittlefruh hops at 60 min.
9. Add 35g of Hallertau Trad. hops at 15 mins.
10. Ferment between 12-15 degrees for 7-10 days with x2 M84 Bohemian Lager Yeast.
11. Bottle or keg as usual.