Recipe Kit Rum and Raisin Milk Stout
Rum And Raisin Milk Stout
Brew this as a delicious milk stout, or add the extra ingredients for a decadent and moreish rum and raisin treat with juicy Californian raisins aged on Jamaican dark rum.
Alcohol: 8.1 % ABV
Bitterness: 28 IBU
Colour: 150 SRM
1.7 kg Black Rock Oatmeal Stout
1.7 kg Black Rock Bock
1.7 kg Black Rock Creamy Brown
11.5 g Fermentis US05 yeast
Extra Ingredients for Rum and Raisin: (NOT INCLUDED)
600 g Californian juicy raisins
350 mL Stolen dark rum
1 Vanilla pod
80g Dutch cocoa powder
100g Cacao nibs
2 tsp Vanilla paste
1. Steep raisins and a vanilla pod ? in dark rum in a jar. Allows infusing for 9 days during fermentation. Clean & Sanitise fermenter and associated equipment for brewing.
2. Dissolve 5.1 kg of wort concentrate, lactose, cocoa powder, and vanilla paste into 2.5 Litres of boiling water in a large jug and add to fermenter . Add cacao nibs and ?ll with cold brewing water to 21 litres achieving a starting wort temperature of 20 +/- 3 °C.
3. Add dried yeast and ferment for approximately 9 days until a gravity of approx. 1028 SG is achieved.
4. Add the rum and raisin infusion and ferment for a further 5 days.
5. Crash cool fermenter to 1-3 °C for 48-72 hours and keg or bottle using standard practices