Black Rock Rum & Raisin Milk Stout Recipe Kit
Rum And Raisin Milk Stout
Brew this as a delicious milk stout, or add the extra ingredients for a decadent and moreish rum and raisin treat with juicy Californian raisins aged on Jamaican dark rum.
Alcohol: 8.1 % ABV
Bitterness: 28 IBU
Colour: 150 SRM
1x Black Rock Oatmeal Stout 1.7kg
1x Black Rock Bock 1.7kg
1x Black Rock Creamy Brown 1.7kg
2x Safale S04 Yeast
Extra Ingredients for Rum and Raisin: (NOT INCLUDED)
600g Californian Juicy Raisins
350ml Stolen Dark Rum
1 Vanilla pod
80g Dutch Cocoa Powder
100g Cacao Nibs
2tsp Vanilla Paste
1. Steep raisins and the vanilla pod in a jar with the 350ml of dark rum. Allow infusing for 9 days during fermentation.
2. Clean & Sanitise fermenter and associated equipment for brewing.
3. Dissolve 5.1 kg of wort concentrate, lactose, cocoa powder, and vanilla paste into 10 Litres of water in the fermenter. Add cacao nibs and fill with cold water to 21 litres, achieving a starting wort temperature of 20 +/- 3 °C.
4. Add dried yeast and ferment for approximately 9 days until a gravity of 1.028 is achieved.
5. Add the Rum and Raisin infusion and ferment for a further 5 days.
5. Crash cool fermenter to 1-3 °C for 48-72 hours and keg or bottle as usual.