Recipe Kit Juiced Up Nepia
Juiced Up NEIPA
NEIPA - Beervana 2018
A tropical cyclone of pineapple, mango and stone fruit. This juicy milkshake IPA oozes sunshine and good time.
Alcohol: 4.1% ABV
Bitterness: 30 IBU
Colour: 9 SRM
1 x 1.7 kg Black Rock ? Pale Ale
1 x 1.7 kg Black Rock Wheat
11.5 g US04 yeast
70g Mosaic Hops
70g Citra Hops
115 g Amarillo Hops
1 Vanilla pod (NOT INCLUDED)
1. Clean & Sanitise fermenter and associated equipment for brewing.
2. Dissolve 3.4 kg of wort concentrate and 300g lactose into 2 Litres of boiling water in a large jug and add to fermenter . Fill with cold quality brewing water to 21 litres achieving a starting wort temperature of 20 +/- 3 °C.
3. Sprinkle the dried yeast (or rehydrate and add) to wort surface and ferment for 4 days then dry hop 50g Amarillo, 30g Mosaic, 30g Citra and add split vanilla pod.
4. At day 7 of fermentation with a ?nal gravity of 1.012 SG dry hop remaining 65g Amarillo, 40g of Mosaic and 40g of Citra.
5. Allow 3 days of dry hop and vanilla infusing, then crash cool fermenter to 1-3 °C for 48-72 hours and keg or bottle using standard practices