Partial Mash Recipe Kit Epic Pale Ale Clone
Pale Ale (Epic Clone) – Partial Mash Recipe Kit
(requires 15 litre pot and optional grain bag for mashing grain)
EXPECTED BREW FIGURES (Based on 65% Mash Efficiency)
2 x 1.5kg Mangrove Jacks Pure Malt Extract Pouches
1.5kg GF Ale Malt
500g GF Medium Crystal Malt
200g Taiheke hops
2 x Fermentis US-05 yeast
1 x Whitelabs WLP001 (starter required)
- Dough-in grain into 6 - 8L of water at approx 70ºC
- Mash at 66 - 67ºC for 60 mins.
- Sparge with 3 x electric jugs (approx. 4.5litres) of water heated to approx 77ºC
- Raise temperature of wort to boil
- At 60 mins i.e. start of boil, add 30g Taiheke hops
- At 10 mins remaining add 50g Taiheke hops
- At 0 mins turn off the heat and start cooling
- When temperature drops below 80ºC add 50g Taiheke hops
- Soften malt extract pouches in a hot water bath for 10-15 mins.
- Pour cooled wort into fermenter, add malt extract and then top up with cold water to 23 litres
- Rehydrate M42 yeast in 150ml of warm water (30 – 35ºC) for 20 – 30 mins.
- Pitch yeast and ferment at 18 - 22ºC until a stable gravity is reached
- Add 70g Taiheke dry hop for three days toward the end of active fermentation
- Bottle or keg