Malt Extract Double Take DIPA, 1.7kg
Double Take DIPA
DIPA - Beervana 2018 US hit of Centennial, Mosiac, Simcoe and Amarillo, a ?avour packed double IPA that will make you think twice.
Alcohol: 7.2% ABV
Bitterness: 65 IBU
Colour: 15 SRM
1.7 kg Black Rock Golden Ale
1.7 kg Black Rock Export Pilsner
1.7 kg Black Rock Light
11.5 g US05 yeast
40g Centennial Hops
60g Mosaic Hops
40g Simcoe Hops
40g Amarillo Hops
1. Clean & Sanitise fermenter and associated equipment for brewing.
2. Dissolve 5.1 kg of wort concentrate into 2.5 Litres of boiling water in a large jug and add to fermenter. Fill with cold quality brewing water to 19 litres achieving a starting wort temperature of 20 +/- 3 °C.
3. Sprinkle the dried yeast (or rehydrate and add) to wort surface and ferment for 7 days then dry hop 20g Centennial, 30g Mosaic, 20g Simcoe, 20g Amarillo into brew.
4. At day 11 of fermentation with a ?nal gravity of 1.015 SG dry hop remaining 20g Centennial, 30g Mosaic, 20g Simcoe, 20g Amarillo into brew.
5. Allow 3 days of dry hop infusing, then crash cool fermenter to 1-3 °C for 48-72 hours and keg or bottle using standard practice