Black Rock Summer Harvest Recipe Kit
Summer Harvest NZ Pale Ale
NZPA - Beervana 2018 Nelson’s harvest of Riwaka and Nelson Sauvin brings a favoursome citrus and passionfruit pale ale to the table.
Alcohol: 6.1% ABV
Bitterness: 45 IBU
Colour: 11 SRM
1x Black Rock Pale Ale 1.7kg
1x Black Rock Golden Ale 1.7kg
0.85 kg Black Rock Ultra Light Malt 1.7kg
1x Safale US05 Yeast
100g Riwaka Hops
100g Nelson Sauvin Hops
1. Clean & Sanitise fermenter and associated equipment for brewing.
2. Dissolve 4.25 kg of wort concentrate into 10 Litres of water in the fermenter.
Fill with cold brewing water to 21 litres achieving a starting wort temperature of 20 +/- 3 °C.
3. Sprinkle the dried yeast onto the wort surface and ferment for 4 days, dry hop 60g Riwaka and 40g Nelson Sauvin into brew.
4. At day 7 of fermentation with a final gravity of around 1.012, dry hop the remaining 40g of Riwaka and 60g Nelson Sauvin.
5. Allow 3 days of dry hop infusing, then crash cool fermenter to 1-3 °C for 48-72 hours and keg or bottle as normal.