Malt Extract American Pale Ale, 1.7kg
American Pale Ale
Smooth and luscious Pale ale with a hop explosion of Mosaic and Citra – mango, guava, pineapple and lychee
Alcohol: 6.0% ABV
Bitterness: 45 IBU
Colour: 10 SRM
1 x 1.7 kg Black Rock Pale Ale
1 x 1.7 kg Black Rock Golden Ale
800g Black Rock Light Malt
11.5 g pkt US05 yeast
50 g Mosaic Hops
50 g Citra Hops
1. Clean & Sanitise fermenter and associated equipment for brewing.
2. Dissolve the 4.2 kg of liquid wort concentrate with 3 Litres of boiling water in a large jug and add to fermenter. Use some hot water to rinse out the cans.
3. Fill to a total of 21 Litres with quality cold brewing water, aerating the wort with a spoon or paddle as you go
4. When the wort temperature of 17-23°C, sprinkle the yeast onto the surface of the wort.
5. Ferment for approximately 4 days at 12-25°C (ideally 15-22°C) to a gravity near 1020, then add the 100 grams of hop pellets into a hop sock and add to the brew and continue to ferment to a Final gravity of around 1012.
6. Add clarifcation agent as per bottle instructions and chill beer to 1-2°C.
7. After 36-48 hours, bottle and cold store for 3 weeks, or keg and condition for 5 days then enjoy!