Panhead Port Road Pilsner Clone All Grain Recipe Kit
Panhead Port Road Pilsner Clone - All Grain Recipe Kit
Pilsner is famously Czech in origin, but here we've gone for a South Pacific hop profile in keeping with the people who brew it and drink it. Passionfruit, grapefruit and sauvignon blanc characters abound, stacked up on a robust malt base that's partly German, partly Kiwi.
Expected Brew Figures:
IBU: Approx. 32
4.6kg Pilsner Malt (Gladfield)
250g Carahell Malt (Weyermann)
100g Sour Grapes (Gladfield)
50g Motueka Hops
50g Nelson Sauvin Hops
100g Riwaka Hops
Optional (not included): 1 tsp Irish Moss
1 x Fermentis Saflager W-34/70 yeast
- Mash at 63ºC for 60 minutes with 17.5 L of water. Mash out at 73ºC 10 mins.
- Sparge 14L at 73ºC and boil for 60 mins.
- At 60 minutes add 20g of Motueka to the boil
- At 10 minutes add 10g of Motueka, 20g of Nelson Sauvin and 30g of Riwaka
- At 1 minute add 20g of Motueka, 30g of Nelson Sauvin and 30g of Riwaka to the boil
- Cool rapidly and transfer to your sanitised fermenter
- When the wort is between 20-23ºC add 2 x W-34/70 yeast and ferment at 16-18ºC for 7 days
- After 4 days add the remaining hops (dry hop) to the fermenter. When the FG is stable, lower the temperature down to 10ºC (if possible)
- Transfer beer into another fermenter (if kegging – otherwise skip to next step if bottling) and transfer into a fridge at 1ºC for 3-5 days and adding your finings agent to drop the sediment out
- Add you finings and Keg or bottle your beer as usual