Black Sands Black Ale Clone - All Grain Recipe Kit
Black Sands West Coast Black Clone - All Grain Recipe Kit
A rich and complex malt bill makes up the velvet smooth base of this dark hoppy ale. It is generously hopped with Cascade, Centennial and Willamette giving loads of earthy spice and citrus flavours and aromas. Black Sands West Coast Black Ale pours silky black with a creamy tan head. It combines the smoky roasted malt of a robust porter with the fruity notes and hop-driven bitterness of an India Pale Ale.EXPECTED BREW FIGURES
Expected Brew Figures:
IBU: Approx. 60
5kg Pale Ale Malt (Weyermann)
600g Carabelge Malt (Weyermann)
500g Carafa T2 (Weyermann)
300g Torrified Wheat (Bairds)
40g Centennial Hops
60g US Cascade Hops
80g Willamette Hops
(Optional extra not included): 1 tsp Irish Moss
Fermentis Safale S-04 yeast
1. Mash at 68ºC for 60 minutes with 20 L of water. Mash out at 76ºC for 10 mins.
2. Sparge 14L of water at 76ºC and boil for 90 mins.
3. At 60 minutes add 40g of Centennial to the boil
4. At 15 minutes add 60g of Cascade
5. At 0 minute add 40g of Willamette and Whirlpool for 10mins.
6. Cool rapidly and transfer to your sanitised fermenter
7. When the wort is between 20-23ºC add 1x S-04 yeast and ferment at 16-18ºC for 7 days
8. After 4 days add the remaining hops (dry hop) to the fermenter. When the FG is stable, lower the temperature down to 10ºC (if possible)
9. Transfer beer into another fermenter (if kegging – otherwise skip to next step if bottling) and transfer into a fridge at 1ºC for 3-5 days, adding your finings agent to drop the sediment out
10. Add you finings and Keg or bottle your beer as usual