NZ Hoppy Pilsner - Grain Recipe Kit - 2x Californian Lager Yeast (Dried)
This Pilsner is perhaps one of the better ones in NZ atm. Maybe that's just our biased opinion - or maybe we know somethings that you don't yet.
Est Original Gravity: 1.050 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.012 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 5.0 %
Bitterness: 31.0 IBUs
Batch Size: 23.00 l
Boil Size: 32.13 l
End of Boil Vol: 27.86 l
Final Bottling Vol: 20.16
Efficiency: 80.00 %
4.50 kg NZ Pilsner Malt
250g Carahell (Weyermann)
100g Acidulated Malt
7g Pacific Jade
10g NZ Cascade
80g Motueka Hops
20g NZ CascadeHops
2x Pkt M/J Bohemian Lager Yeast
2x Pkt M/J Californian Lager Yeast
1x WLP800 Pilsner Lager Yeast
- Mash at 62 degrees C for 60 minutes with 18.5 L of water.
- Mash out at 75 degrees C for 10 mins after the 60 minute mash.
- Sparge at 75 degrees C with 8L of water and then boil for 60 mins
- At 60 minutes add 7g of Pacific Jade to the boil
- At 20 minutes to go add 10g Motueka
- At 10 minutes to go add the 60g of Motueka and 10g of NZ Cascade.
- Cool rapidly and transfer to your sanitised fermenter.
- When the wort is between 18-20C degrees C add 2 packets of Mangrove Jack's M84 Bohemian Lager Yeast or the Californian Lager or the Pilsner Yeast or theand ferment at 14 degrees C for 10 days.
- After 5 days add 80g of Motueka and 20g NZ Cascade hops to the fermenter (in a hop bag weighed down with sanitised marbles if you don't want as much hop mess).
- Leave dry hops in for 5 days.
- Transfer beer into another fermenter and move into a fridge or somewhere cold for 5 days for it to naturally clear - adding finings will produce faster results.
- Keg or bottle as usual.