Irish Red Ale - All Grain Recipe Kit
Irish Red Ale (Dried) - All Grain Recipe Kit
Irish Red's have a light to medium body, and a low to moderate malt aroma with slight roasted grain flavour. They are typically low on hop aroma too and mild in hop flavour. Irish Red ales are amber to deep-reddish in colour and have a clean finish with no esters. Really just an easy drinking ale with a reddish hue. Clean flavour with a caramel malt characteristics and a hint of roasted grain. Smooth with moderate carbonation.
Expected Brew Figures: (based on 75% mash efficiency)
- 2.50kg Pale Ale
- 1.50kg Vienna
- 450g Caramunich T2
- 400g Melanoidin
- 50g Roasted Barley
- 35g of Fuggle Hops
- 10g of Fuggle Hops
- 1x Safale S-04 Yeast (Dried)
- 1x WLP004 Irish Ale Yeast (Liquid)
1. Mash @ 67 degrees C with 17L of water.
2. Rest and recirculate for 60 mins, or until conversion is complete.
3. Once conversion is complete raise temp to 76 degrees C and hold for 5-10mins.
4. Sparge with 13L of water @77 degrees C.
5. Boil for 65 mins.
6.. At 60mins to go add 35g of Fuggle Hops.
7. At 5 mins to go add 10g of Fuggle Hops.
8. Chill and transfer to the fermenter fermenter.
9. Ferment between 18-22 degrees for 7-10 days with 1x Safale S-04 Yeast (Dried) or 1x WLP004 Irish Ale Yeast (Liquid)
10. Bottle or keg as usual.