Coffee Milk Stout - All Grain Recipe Kit
Coffee Milk Sout
This recipe is not your usual milk stout recipe. It is heavy on the chocolate and light on the roast. But the addition of cold infused coffee will give you a smooth rounded beer that is very easy to drink.
Expected Brew Figures: (Based on 65% mash efficiency):
OG: 1.058 – 1.065
ABV: Approx 6.1%
Volume: 23 L
5kg of Pale Malt
650g of Chocolate Malt
350g of CaraWheat
150g of Black (Patent) Malt
450g of Lactose
18g Pacific Jade Hops
1 large plunger of ground coffee of your choice.
1 tsp of Irish Moss (Optional extra not supplied)
2 packets of Mangrove Jack's M15 Empire Ale Yeast
1. Mash at 68ºC (for a very full body) in 18L of Water
2. Sparge and bring to a boil. Add lactose at the beginning of the boil. 14L of Sparge Water
3. Boil for 90 minutes adding Pacific Jade Hops at 60 minutes.
4. At 15 minutes add Irish Moss.
5. Immediately cool your wort to 20ºC and pitch 2 packets of M15 Ale Yeast
6. Ferment at 18ºC for 10 days
7. Once active fermentation is complete transfer to a second fermenter add the cold infused coffee (Place 10 heaped tbsp of plunger ground coffee filled with cold water and leave it overnight to infuse. Do this after 1 week of fermentation)
8. Leave to blend in with the beer for 7 days
9. Bottle or keg as usual